Blog Archive

Thursday, February 21, 2019


Challenge to YOU!  / Residency Shortage


The last 2 blogs explained the process of “peaceful activism” to bring the cause of the residency shortage to the forefront of the Nation’s attention.

As I have explained in my biography of the NoMatchMDs blog, I do not personally work in the field of Medicine.  Yet, I felt that the travesty of the residency shortage warranted my activism, in lieu of the 50 years I have observed Medical Education.  I cannot solve this problem on my own.

I continue to educate the readers of the blog about the intricacies of the residency shortage dilemma.  I have delineated the politics of Medicine which are preventing a timely solution to the shortage.  I have described how a huge majority of the public and medical professionals are unaware of the current scenario.

Perhaps you are interested in this blog because you or someone you know is personally affected by the residency shortage.  I would encourage you and your supporters to become involved in this cause.  If not YOU, then WHO?  Before I became aware of this crisis, I had never even read a blog.  I had never created a logo, a website, never had a Facebook page or used Twitter, never had spoken to a Congressman, never written to an elected official, or fought for any cause.  There comes a time when we each need to speak up and DO something!  I have had to get out of my own comfort zone to learn and use these new skills.  I will be part of a panel at a World Affairs Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida in February, speaking before several thousand people.  I have never done this before either…So I am challenging each of you to step up and help with this cause.  Go back and re-listen to the two previous blogs.  Form your own “protest” group and show up at a Match Day 2018 “reveal” party.  If mine is the only “voice” talking about the residency shortage, the solution will be long in coming…

www.NoMatchMDs.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment