Monday, March 13, 2017
Second- half Summary/Residency Shortage
Here is the second half of the “story”:
- What is the AMA doing?
- The Nation has broken the “Social Contract”
- 25% international medical graduates do not match, yet ECFMG has been monitoring and making recommendations to them for 60 years!
- We want to think US Medical Schools are “better”, yet individual learning and passing of the “Criterion Task” have leveled the field. Only fully qualified applicants are eligible to participate in the NRMP in the first place!
- ACGME is not in favor of
’s plan for Assistant Physician License, yet has not taken the lead in finding a solution Missouri
- AMA and ACGME, two of the most influential agencies in Medical Education, are not leading in timely fashion to prevent an utter waste of human talent
- The impending doctor shortage will be more than 90,000 doctors short in the next decade
- Some question the legitimacy of the “Doc Shortage”. Either the demographics are correct, or they are not! Baby Boomers are ageing and will require even more medical care. Is this really politics trying to use lesser trained medical professionals to provide patient care at lower costs, using physician assistants and nurse practitioners?
- Are P.A.s and N.P.s as qualified as MDs?
- A number of states are approaching this problem but tend to favor their own residents
- Need a “tsunami” of outrage to solve this
- Need action by each person concerned about this solution