Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 13, 2018






Blog Plan / Residency Shortage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRiGZnNS9Oo

The goal of this blog is to create a “tsunami of outrage” over the betrayal and waste of fully qualified doctor graduates who cannot complete the last step of their medical training.  Due to the bureaucratic mismanagement by the Federal Government, this outrage should lead to ACTION to correct this travesty before the loss of thousands of fully educated doctors.

The actual “loss” of these doctors to the practice of Medicine has been caused by the pyramid effect of too few residency slots available compared to the increased number of graduating medical students.  This “pyramid” should have occurred prior to acceptance into medical school, and not after, as has been caused by the Balanced Budget Act of 1997.

 My plan has been to write a series of blogs to fully explain how the residency shortage began, what has resulted as a consequence of the shortage, the misconceptions about the unmatched doctors’ qualifications, the multi-state approaches to correcting the shortage, and the lack of National leadership in correcting this travesty.

I decided to post blogs 3 to 4 times per week to get the whole story out before readers lost interest.  That has been accomplished.  If you have missed any prior blogs, I would encourage you to go back to the beginning and read/listen to all of the blogs (I can read all of them in less than 1 hour, and the videos are 3-4 minutes each and would take an hour+).  My plan going forward is to post a blog one time per week on Tuesdays.  However, I would also post again on Thursdays if any important developments occur or if I received any personal stories to share.  I would encourage anyone with a personal story to share to write to me.  I will keep your identifying information private.  If you subscribe to the blog, you will receive email notification of any new posts.

 The success of a blog depends upon its readership.  So my next area of focus is going to be blog promotion.  I am still writing letters/emails, sending out press releases to the media, connecting on Twitter, and “Like/Share” on Facebook.  Please help me by sharing this blog with your colleagues and contacts.  I am very receptive to suggestions you may have for me which you can communicate by email (Leslapol727@gmail.com)

 Although I do not relish being called Saturday Night Live’s version of “Debbie Downer”, history will probably repeat itself this week on Friday March 17th, Match Day 2017.  I wish I could say that all of the doctor applicants will match, but they will not.  Since there have been more than 8,000 unmatched doctors for each year over the last 5 years, I  imagine that this year will be the same….Add another 8,000+ unmatched doctors to this story!!!
http://nomatchmds.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment